The North West Montana Veterans Stand Down & Food Pantry is dedicated to extending a helping hand up to homeless, low-income and at-risk veterans and their families. These heroes have sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution and people of the United States of America and now we must uphold them in their time of need.
We administer a multi-faceted operation designed to accommodate each individual’s unique needs. Our mission is to offer wraparound services to our qualifying veterans through the many aspects of our program which include:
- Raising community awareness to and advocating for the unmet needs of veterans.
- Nourishing hungry veterans and their families with nutritional food boxes.
- Equipping homeless and newly housed veteran households with clothing and furnishings.
- Outreaching as many veterans as possible through our biannual Stand Downs.
- Helping clients obtain Veterans Affair benefits and medical system enrollment.
- Providing veteran to veteran peer counseling and referrals to homeless shelters, housing, jobs, VA medical clinics, mental health specialists and other community resources.
- Building self-esteem by extending a helping hand up NOT a hand out; we provide a warm welcome, haircuts by appointment, access to laundry & shower facilities and hot coffee.
- We are working to expand services to include shelter, workshops & classes, and self-help resources for veterans.